Paulsplace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chaos rumours

2 posters

Go down

chaos rumours Empty chaos rumours

Post  Admin Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:54 am

Borrowed off chamber of the ever chosen-

Well, finally got it done. Big thanks to Hastings and Harry from Warseer from providing at least half of this info, and thanks to the others who would like to remain anonymous, especially he who got me a look at the book. Hope this will keep things tidy and will stop people from asking silly questions when the answers are right under their noses:

Rules:
- "Will of Chaos" rule, army wide re-roll panic
- Mark of Khorne causes Frenzy, +1S for Giant and Spawn; 25pts
- Mark of Nurgle causes -1 WS in combat and to hit with shooting; 30pts
- Mark of Slaanesh benefits the unit with immunity to fear, terror and panic, also gives ASF to rare choices; 15pts
- Mark of Tzeentch gives +1 to ward save (6+ ward to models without one), also +1 to cast for sorcerers; 5pts
- Note that the price of marks may be different for some units
- Eye of the Gods table, roll 2D6 for the following:
- Characters roll every time they win a challenge
- Chosen roll once at the start of the game
- Trolls roll every time they successfully regenerate two or more wounds at once
- 2: "Insanity" Stupidity (chosen re-roll)
3: +1 Toughness
4: +1 Strength
5: +1 Attack
6: +1 Armour (max. 0+)
7: "The Eye is Closed" Nothing (chosen re-roll)
8: Magic Resistance (3)
9: +1 Leadership
10: Cause fear (cause terror if already cause fear)
11: Cause terror
12: Stubborn and 4+ Ward Save
- Chaos characters may now take Chaos Gifts on top of Magic Items, much like the VC's Vampiric Powers
- NEW
- Lore of Slaanesh

1. D6 S3 hits. Units that take wounds cannot march in their following movement phase.
2. Every enemy unit within 18" make take a panic test.
3. Make a unit frenzied.
4. Titillating Delusions.
5. Make a friendly unit cause fear or terror if already causing fear.
6. Enemy unit takes T tests for every model. Those who fail take a wound with no AS.

- Lore of Nurgle

1. Magnificent Buboes. 5+ to cast. Choose an enemy single model. It loses a wound.
2. 7+ to cast. Give regeneration to a friendly unit.
3. Plague Squall. 8+ to cast.
4. Cloying Quagmire. 8+ to cast. All models in unit must take an I test. Those who fail must then take an armour save. If they pass the armour save after failing the I test, they die.
5. Curse of the Leper. 10+ to cast. Remains in Play. Add a counter to the target unit every turn. Take the number of counters each turn from the units S and T. If either reaches 0 remove the unit from the table.
6. Rot, Glorious, Rot! 13+ to cast. D6 SD6 hits with no armour saves to every unit within 18".

- Lore of Tzeentch

1. Flickering Fire of Tzeentch.
2. Target takes a Ltd test. Takes wounds equal to how much they fail by.
3. Remains in Play. Enemy units cannot benefit from their general's Ltd, enemy wizards miscast on any doubles.
4. Green Fire of Tzeentch.
5. Remains in Play. Make one normal warrior in range an Exalted Champion.
6. 15+ to cast. 2D6 S2D6 hits. If 11 or 12 is rolled for strength, remove the target unit from play.

- Characters must challenge in combat if they can

Models:
- new plastic Knights (5 for 17.50EURO)
- new plastic Horsemen (5 for 17.50EURO)
- new plastic War Hounds (10 for 20EURO)
- new metal Chosen with Great Weapons
- new upgrade sprue for Chaos Warriors (direct only) containing GWs, Halberds, and God-specific bits
- new metal heroes:
- Wulfrig the Wanderer
- Sigvald
- Nurgle Sorcerer
- Khorne Champion
- Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
- Undivided Lord on Chaos Steed
- plastic Daemon Prince
- Spearhead is released on October 18th (170EURO); contains all the definite models listed above (bar the Daemon Prince) aswell as the army book
- main release for November 1st; battalion will be available with 12 Chaos Warriors, 16 Marauders, 5 Horsemen, 10 Hounds
- plastic Chariot in the works for a second wave release

Special Characters:
- Archaon 685pts
M4 WS9 BS5 S5 T5 W4 I7 A5 Ltd10
Dorghar M8 WS4 BS0 S5 T5 W1 I3 A3 Ltd9
Level 2 Tzeentch sorcerer, +1 to cast, immune to poison, -1 to hit in combat and with shooting, Itp, leadership range is 18", MR(2), at least one unit of Knights must be included and if Archaon joins them they are Itp, ignore difficult terrain; Armour of Morkar, Slayer of Kings and Eye of Sheerian are all the same as before; Crown of Domination range now 12"
- Galrauch NEW
M6 WS6 BS6 S6 T6 W6 I6 A6 Ltd9 AS3+
Level 4 Tzeentch wizard; terror; fly; dragon sorcerer; breath attack; spirit of galrauch; Mark of Tzeentch
- NEW Sigvald; Slaanesh champion with mirror shield, gets distracted by own reflection in shield causing stupidity; ASF; 1+save, regeneration
M4 WS8 BS3 S5 T5 W3 I7 A7 Ltd9
- Wulfrig the Wanderer NEW
M4 WS8 BS3 S5 T4 W2 I7 A4 Ld8
"Gift of Tongues" may force enemy character into a challenge; "Hunter of Men" may select an enemy character at the start of the game and is at +2S and gets re-rolls to hit against that character in combat; "The Seafang" Wulfrig and his unit of Marauders may move on from any board edge - Turn1 = 5+ roll, Turn2 = 4+ roll, and so on.

- Valkyrie the Bloody; Khornate Daemon Princess character; fly, S7 on the charge, killing blow
- Kolek Suneater; Shaggoth character; 2nd oldest Shaggoth; "Ruler of the Tempest rule" - enemies within LOS hit with Lightning Bolt on even rolls, odds hit Kolek and make him frenzied; attacks do D3 wounds each
M8 WS8 S8 T6 W8 I1 A7 Ltd8 605pts
- Throg the Troll King; "Lord of the Monstrous horde" rule allows army of monsters by making trolls core, allows all monsters to use his leadership; benefits from the Gaze of the Gods table; his stat line:
M6 WS5 S6 T5 W4 I3 A5 Ltd8 175pts; hero choice
Has a S5 breath weapon he may use once per game, can make D6 vomit attacks instead of his normal attacks and these allow no armour save and are magical
- Scyla Anfinngrim; Forsaken like character; he is a rare choice only, but counts as a special character
- NEW Vilitch the Curseling (Tzeentch - Lord level)
Level 4 wizard, lore of Tzeentch, +1 to cast, every time an opponent fails to dispel one of Vilitch's spells, Vilitch may cast another spell using free amount of power dice equal to the number of dice used in the failed dispel attempt. Also every time an opponent fails to cast a spell, Vilitch may immediately cast a spell using a number of free PD equal to the amount of dice the opponent failed to cast their spell with.

- Festus the Leechlord (Nurgle - Hero level)

Magic Items: NEW

Banner of the Gods - 125pts
unit cause terror and all units within 6" are stubborn

Chaos Daemon Sword - 75pts
+D6A, +D3S
Hellfire Sword - 75pts
Sword of Change - 65pts
+1S; any model taking a wound from the sword must make a T test or turn into a Spawn (not 100% on this second part)
Chaos Runesword - 60pts
+1WS, +1S, +1A
Berserker Sword - 50pts
models on foot only; +1A for every model in B2B
Axe of Khorne - 45pts
+1S; killing blow
Filth Mace - 35pts
Rending Sword - 30pts
re-roll wound rolls (not 100% on this one)
Whip of Pleasure - 25pts

Chaos Runeshield - 50pts
Armour of Damnation - 45pts
The Crimson Armour of Dargan - 40pts

Gifts of the Gods: NEW

Mantle of Chaos - 75pts
Tentacle of Tzeentch - 65pts (not sure about this one being tentacle)
Tzeentch's Will - 60pts
Whip of Agony - 45pts
Effect is one use only; used at the start of one of the Chaos players phases; does some sort of wounds with no ward or armour saves allowed
Diabolic Splendour - 35pts
Stream of Corruption - 25pts
once use only breath weapon
Golden Eye of Tzeencth (Sorcerers only) - 25pts
Has some effect during the magic phase instead of the old ward save
Sopoforic Musk - 25pts
Bloodcurdling Roar - 25pt
Fury of the Blood God - 20pts
Magic Resistance(2) and a 4+ ward save against magic missiles

The List:
Lords

Chaos Lord 185pts NEW
M4 WS8 BS3 S5 T5 W3 I7 A5 Ltd9
additional hand weapon 10pts
GW/Flail/Halberd 6pts
shield still costs 15pts
100pts of magic items; 50pts of gifts; mounts are Chariot, Chaos Steed, Daemonic Steeds, Chaos Dragon and a Manticore aswell as God specific Daemonic mounts which are mark dependent (note the Chariot does not take up a special choice)
Sorcerer Lord 235pts NEW
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ltd8
100pts of magic items; 50pts of gifts; mounts are Chariot, Chaos Steed, Daemonic Steeds, Chaos Dragon and a Manticore aswell as God specific Daemonic mounts which are mark dependent (note the Chariot does not take up a special choice)
Daemon Prince 300pts NEW
M8 WS8 BS0 S5 T5 W4 I7 A5 Ltd8
100pts of Chaos Gifts; stubborn; fly; terror; US3; not effected by Eye of the Gods

Heroes

Exalted Champion 120pts NEW
M4 WS7 BS3 S5 T4 W2 I6 A4 Ltd8
50pts of magic items; 25ptsof gifts; may be a BSB
Sorcerer NEW
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I5 A2 Ltd8
50pts of magic items; 25ptsof gifts

Core

Warriors 15pts
M4 WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I5 A2 Ltd8 AS4+
Shield 1pt/model
Magic Banner 50pts
Marauders 4pts NEW
M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ltd7
can be marked;
Shield 1pt/model
Flail 1pt/model
Light Armour 1pt/model
Great Weapon 1pt/model
Champion 8pts
Standard Bearer 8pts
Musician 4pts
Hounds 6pts NEW
M7 WS4 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ltd5
may be given either scaly skin (6+) or poisoned attacks for 3pts/model
Horsemen 14pts
M8 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ltd7 AS5+
may now take marks; can re-roll pursuit rolls

Special

Knights 40pts
M7 WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I5 A2 Ltd8 AS1+
Have magic weapon that confers +1S basic; thus making them S5, may be upgraded to a lance; CAUSE FEAR
Chariots 120pts NEW
M7 S5 T5 W4 AS3+
scythed wheels
Chosen Warriors 18pts NEW
M4 WS6 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I5 A2 Ltd8 AS4+
"Chosen of the Dark Gods" allows a roll on the Eye of the Gods table at the start of the game, re-roll results of "Insanity" and "The Eye is Closed"
Great Weapons 2pt/model
Forsaken Warriors 18pts
M6 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I5 AD3+1 Ltd8 AS5+
Frenzy - included in profile
Trolls 45ptsNEW
M6 WS3 BS1 S5 T4 W3 I1 A3 Ltd4
Stupid; Regeneration; Fear; Vomit Attack
Ogres 35pts NEW
M6 WS3 BS2 S4 T4 W3 I2 A3 Ltd7 AS5+
heavy armour; Fear; may now be marked;
Chaos Armour 5pts
Great Weapons 10pts
Extra HW 5pts
Dragon Ogres 65pts NEW
M7 WS4 BS2 S5 T4 W4 I2 A3 Ltd8 AS4+
fear; storm rage; light armour; may take a unit champion

Rare

Spawn NEW
M2D6 WS3 BS0 S4 T5 W3 I2 AD6+1 Ltd10
can once again take marks, however more expensive to do so than before; fear; unbreakable; lurching horror; flailing appendages
Giant NEW
M6 WS3 BS3 S6 T5 W6 I3 A* Ltd10
may now be marked; marks differ; stubborn; special attacks
Hellcannon 205pts NEW
M6 WS4 BS3 S5 T6 W5 I1 A5 Ltd4
Dwarfs M3 WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 Ltd9
now only 1 rare choice; monsters and handlers; works almost the same as before, but loses the ability to make units flee and the re-roll to scatter, and loses the icor attack; cannot attack friendly units anymore
Shaggoth 265pts NEW
M7 WS6 BS3 S6 T5 W6 I4 A5 Ltd9 AS4+
terror; large target; ItP; light armour; storm rage

Chaos War Shrine 130pts NEW
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T6 W4 I5 A5 Ltd8 AS4+
chariot base, moves and fights like a monster; 4+ ward; can be marked; in the shooting phase give one unit within 12" a roll of the EOTG table; effect is RiP, if you try to bestow another benefit on any unit, then the previous effect ceases to work; unit champions may roll on the table when they win challenges (much like characters can do normally) provided there is a War Shrine on the table (this includes Ogre and Dragon Ogre champions)

Ok guys, as far as know that's all, don't think I've forgotten anything. Hoping to get info on lores and magic items asap, and will be back as soon as I get new info, I assure you.

Enjoy, and peace out.
J.

Admin
Admin

https://paulsplace.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

chaos rumours Empty Chaos Rumours

Post  Grayskunk Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:47 pm

I am glad the Mortal stuff has all been redone now, the old stuff was getting very stale and it needed a serious overhaul. I am finally well again after 4 days of a horrible cold the fact I was at work the whole time probably prolonged the illness.

I shall be giving my Chaos Nurgle mortal army some attention once my Empire stuff is done, I like the sound of the new carry cases I think they are likely to be pretty expensive though. Suspect

Grayskunk

Back to top Go down